Cuded present 10 Best Short Films 2011.
1. The Crush (HQ) – Belfast-born writer / director Michael Creagh, nominated for an Oscar by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
2. True Face – Director: Fred Bouchal.
Inspired by true events. What would you do if you saw the true face of someone you trust committing a crime that cannot be forgiven?
3. “The Confession” is an offbeat short comedy about a young man who goes to confession, only to receive some … not-so-spiritual advice. The Irish film is directed, written and produced by Thomas Hefferon
4. Written, Directed and Edited by Kevin Lacy, Starring Josh Cameron, Tatum Langton, Heather Maughn, Kristina Reese, Tristan Phillips, Music Composed and Performed by Randin Graves www.randingraves.com
5. Let’s Pollute 2011
In the spirit of 50’s & 60’s educational films, ‘Let’s Pollute’ is a modern satire on how pollution is our heritage and keeps our economy growing strong, while instructing us how to be better polluters for a better blighted tomorrow.
6. FAITH – A nominated short film for the Pan Pacific Film Festival 2011
Directed by Young-Min Kim
Written by Paul Lee & Young-Min Kim
Music by FreePlayMusic
7. Day & Night is a Pixar animated short film directed by Teddy Newton.
Day & Night is one of the nominees for Best Animated Short Film at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. It has also been nominated for Best Short Film at the 38th Annie Awards and for Best Short Film at the Oscar 2011.
8.Diaspora is a visual piece that gleans over the lifespan of an immigrant family, witnessing their times of struggles, joys and departures over the passing years.
9. God of Love (Trailer) – A Short film by Luke Matheny
10. Na-WEWE VO English Subtitles
1994 or thereabouts. There is a civil war on in Burundi. A genocidal conflict opposing Hutus and Tutsis… We are witnesses to one of those sadly frequent episodes : the attack by the rebels of a minibus transporting ordinary passengers. A Kalashnikov bursts out. The bus stops, the passengers get off. There follows a «selection» separating Hutus and Tutsis. But who is a Hutu, who is a Tutsi? Na Wewe means You Too in Kirundi